New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning A500 R bolt breech block buffer install
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has any one replaced the bolt breech block buffer on one whats the easyest way to get one back in place.

Posts: 19570 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Is it the riveted type? I've had to make rivets for them and a "bucking" tool; just a long rod really with end shaped to form the rivet head.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2942 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After dinking around for way to long I got the buffer installed.

The buffer comes with 2 parts the buffer and buffer core. frist feild strip the firearm removeing bolt and trigger guard assmembly leaving you with striped reciver.

Clean and oil reciver making sure there isn't dirt and other items are not in the way.

All instructions are left to right looking down at the bottom of the revciver facing towards the top butt away from you.

Remove old buffer mine was broken into several parts it fell out. Other wise incert small screw driver behind core slot popping out core then one can pop out the old buffer. put pressure on right side of buffler.

Seeing how the old one would come out would have help with install but mine was broken apart.

Remover the buffer core from the buffer the core acts as a retainer. You well not get the buffer in place with core installed.

Removing core allows one to compress the buffer a little bit.

One well have to work around the recoil actions springs don't remove them. They are pain in the butt to replace.

Place the buffer into the reciver through the ejection port. You will notice that the buffer has a couple of cuts in it flat one side rounded the other side. the rounded one goes left the flat right.

At the back of the reciver you will noticed a rounded projection on the left side on the right side there is a flat cut.

Push te buffer to the back of the reciver tilt it to the left getting the rounded cut behind the rounded projection.

Compress the buffer pushing it towards the back of the reciver. It well push passed the flat cut snapping into place.

Install the core buy using long handled screw driver this well snap in place locking the buffer in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
Is it the riveted type? I've had to make rivets for them and a "bucking" tool; just a long rod really with end shaped to form the rivet head.

No it is not riveted. I found it is just a snap in fit easy once you know how. couldn't find instructions.