THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Owners of Winchester Classic Featherweight 6.5x55

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Owners of Winchester Classic Featherweight 6.5x55
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys,
I'm calling on anyone who owns a Winchester Classic Featherweight in 6.5x55. I sent my gun off to be refinished and the refinisher lost the magazine box. This is one of the control round feed models built on a long action. Could anyone tell me what the letter code is for the 6.5x55 magazine box. They usually have one or two letters stamped on the side of the box. My gun is blued but it wouldn't bother me to have a stainless one in it(I know that there were a lot of stainless featherweights). I already called Winchester and they weren't much help. They kept asking me what the letter code was, but I kept telling them I have no idea because the magazine is gone! I appreciate your help ahead of time.

Cody

Posts: 206 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one.....let me dig it out of the safe and I will look for you.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You! I really appreciate it!

one of us
posted Hide Post
If the one I have is right, I may have a spare I can send you. I will try to remember to look tonight to see if I can find my spare.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked.....the magazine is marked ..... KFC......

Hope this helps!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the one I have. Send me a PM with your address and I can ship it to you. If it fits, send me $5 for shipping and it's yours.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A huge THANK YOU to MHC_TX and larrys!

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is just one of the reasons I like this site so much.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glen71:
That is just one of the reasons I like this site so much.

Then why do you make yourself so scarce around here? I hope you've been doing well Glen.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote