New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser bolt and trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anybody give me any feedback that might help him? This was posted on BR.com. Not too many mauser people there. Thanks Butch http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29141

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds Like B.S. to me. Thats like saying the guy cant tie his shoe because the lace is in the wrong hole and it will take him 2 months to put it in the right hole. Maybe the guy is smokeing crack.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSP7, I tend to agree with you. I am not a Mauser person though.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the guy just blueing your gun. All he has to do is take it apart and blue the parts. It isnt rocket science and mausers are simple to take apart and reassemble. Pretty hard to mess up.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch, the guy probably broke the ears off the Timney trigger trying to drive out the pin without loosening the set screw.

I've seen a couple of Timney triggers succumb to this treatment.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on what is meant by the "trigger fell apart".

Could be this knucklehead blued an aluminum trigger housing, and it fell apart!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The BR.com people agree with you guys and the fellow is picking up his rifle. Thanks for the help.
Butch