New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mod 12 Winnie guage conversions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As in 20 guage to 28 guage. I asked this question last year but couldn't find anybody who would do this. I remember some large outfit advertising these conversions several years ago but can't remember who. Anyone know who might do this? Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<PostDriver>
posted
Simmons in Olathe, KS did a lot of gauge conversion work in the (ahem) 60's. They also made o/u barrels, etc.

Don't know if they're even still around ....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob, Jim Baiar, Half Moon Gun Shop, Just completed a 28, because he couldn't get one that suited him, borrowed my 20 gage "take down" tools to copy in 28 gage, bought the barrelmaking tools and built his own. He knows what Browning parts can be used (the hard way) and what can be modified, and is therefore about as current as he can get. Rifle barrel makers can but usually don't make shotgun barrels. I called and got permission to give his phone number. He's currently breaking clays with a modified choke.
406/ 892 4409 is his Phone number

Posts: 199 | Location: Kalispell MT. | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, thanks. I'll check these guys out.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote