New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rimfire to Centerfire???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any 1 have experience in converting Remington 580/540/591/581 rimfires 2 centerfire cartridges?????
Dick Saunders did 1 4 a grandson of his BUT he does no longer 'Smiths.
What calibers R feasable???

Posts: 160 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
I converted my Rom M-1969 to a necked down 25ACP (22 Epperson Cricket) Same OAL as the 22lr. But I don't do it as a business. Just a personal project.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of people changing 591 and 592's to center fire 5mm. Basically deepening the firing pin groove and turning the firing pin upside down. Craig and Schnider. I have a Craig conversion and some of his brass (turned on a CNC, I think).

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
<patclem2>
posted
You might try James Calhoon. he has plans and blueprints to convert all of the actions you have listed. he also will do the work on the action for you. The price I was quoted was $158 complete bolt and action. He rethreads the action to receive Hornet type rounds. You could convert the bolt to handle any of the small calibers from Hornet down. I hope this is a help to you, I have personally had my 591 done into a centerfire 5 mm Craig, and having a ball shooting it. If I can be of any further service e-mail me patclem2@yahoo.com Thanks Clem