New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I havn't done a lot of work on No. 1's, even though I have owned quite a few. My question regards internal parts fit.

I own an action that started as a 1976 model 25-06 Varmint. In the mid 80's, I called Ruger and ordered an assortment of ejectors (45-70, magnum etc) in case I needed them for future projects. (That was when you could still actually call and order parts.)

I recently rebarrelled my 25-06 action to 300 H&H. I installed the new ejector and tried to reassemble, but couldn't get the parts to go into battery. I finally realized tha the new ejector was thicker than the old one, and wouldn't fit into the slot cut in the side of the breechblock. The new ejector seemed to have an additional boss cast into its side which made it thicker. Examination showed that all the new ones were like this.I re-installed the 25-06 ejector, and it worked perfectly. After looking at the design, I don't see much reason it shouldn't work with about anything.

Question is, do No. 1 internals usually require fitting, or have there been running changes with time. These ejectors were made relatively close in time. I have looked through No. 1 manuals from quite a range of years and see no indication there, on Rugers website or the GPC schematics that there is any differentiation. But the fact remains they don't fit. Any body seen this before?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Could it be they sent you a partially finished piece?? Letting you do the final fitting??

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote