Find
Notify
Tools

Rice peep sight for Krag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Off and on for a few years I've been looking for a Rice peep sight for my Krag, anyone have one collecting dust or know where I can find one?
I've been checking Ebay and Gunbroker.
I'm nearly tempted to have a friend try to make one if I can't find one.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I was hoping some of the experts on here would chime in?
I'm still looking.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Snellstrom, I've seen some wry Smiler peep sights but had not even heard of Rice - and the name doesn't seem to rate a mention in Nick Stroebel's 'Old Gunsights & Rifle Scopes'. However, he listed about 40 dealers who deal in this sort of stuff.

Some of these dudes sold (c. 2008) reproduction and custom sights, eg: Montana Vintage Arms at Belgrade (ph 406-932-4454); New England Custom Gun (ph 603-469-43450); Ashley Outdoors Inc., Fort Worth TX (ph 888-744-4880) ... I'm reluctant to list more on the public forum for copyright reasons ...

Closer to home ... have you tried Andy Fautheree in Pagosa Springs CO (ph 970-730-5003)?

Posts: 5119 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sold the one on my Krag a while back, replaced it with a Redfield peep. Might check here for a Rice:

http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.org/

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote