New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem700 H&H vs RUM mag box
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have a photo or the dimensional differences between these two magazine boxes? Likewise any difference in the follower. Also ... who's a good source for Rem700 RUM magazine boxes/followers that ships overseas?
Thanks...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the RUM sitting on my bench so if you will PM me your email address, I will shoot an image too you. The followers are the same. Brownells has the magazine boxes. I don't know their overseas policy, or charge, but with a photo and some patience, you should be able to modify your existing box.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Midway/USA also has them at a reasonable price.

http://www.midwayusa.com

Another modification that needs attention when converting to a rum case in an H&H based magnum is the feed ramp. The feed ramp needs to be widened only to the same width as the forward part of the feed rails. It will allow the new shoulder to feed without jumping out of the ramp. Important, "widen only" do not change the angle of the ramp. The mag will hold 2 down with original box and 3 down with the mag box modified with windows cut out.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents,
The Midway site is sobering ... US$20 in parts for the follower and box. Price through the Australian distributor/monopoly AUD$150 Mad
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote