Find
Notify
Tools

Had a Real Bubba Request the other day
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted
Guy at work stops me. Most folks know I tinker/build stuff and have a can-do attitude.

Anyway, he stops and asks if I've ever made and AR trigger...
The rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: Make one? why would anyone do that when they can buy the whole FC group for under $35

Bubba (not his real name): I want to put in a double trigger.

Me: Double? like a set trigger? for target shooting?

Bubba: NO a double-finger trigger, like I have on my paintball gun (makes little double-finger motion)

Me: Well first off- no! Second,, even if I had an FFL, I wouldn't make one. A little soft ball at 250 fps is one thing, but I wouldn't help anyone do something this stupid with any real firearm. Third- you just want something to replace your friggin' bump-stock, don't you?

Bubba: Sure. no big deal.

Me: Good luck with that stupid idea. Count me out.

So, do things this stupid really exist?

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, do things this stupid really exist

One only has to work in law enforcement of awhile and you well run into all kinds of them.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
It is people like this who give grounds for a lot of anti gun arguments.

Here in NZ that guy could lose all rights to own a gun and even land in jail.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There are tons of ridiculous AR-15 trigger “enhancements”. The dual paintball style was available at one time but I think it was more of a joke then a functioning aftermarket product. Fostech and other manufacturers make a binary or Echo trigger that fires upon pulling and again upon releasing the trigger. There is no shortage of Bubba when it comes to AR-15 accessories!

Posts: 17 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 27 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Doug! These jerks should be registered gun offenders

Posts: 3633 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee

Here in Canada it's suppressors. Legal to own in the USA, legal to own on the little island of upside downy, funny talking people and hairy birdies, MANDATORY in some parts of Europe and of course simply good manors to own in the UK. But those little mufflers are PROHIBITED, in Canada. I still get a couple calls a month from clowns that want me to make one, or has bought one in the USA that he wants installed. Like dope, they know they can go to jail for it. But they want one anyway. Most guys get the hint when I tell them that I won't touch them with a ten foot pole and don't care to even discuss them. But some guys are pushy. When one of the pushy ones calls, I simply tell them: "You do know that the RCMP often wire taps the phones of gun shops looking for bad guys and crooked shops?" That's usually followed by a loud click and I assume, much closing of blinds and not answering the phone or the door for a week or two ! LOL

popcorn Some days you just have to make your own entertainment !

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote