New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70 trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is the pre-64 model 70 trigger, or any of its parts, interchangeable with the current model 70 classic trigger?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep. Fitting may be required though.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the entire trigger unit?

good. I have a pre-64 receiver without a trigger, and I suspect parts will be cheaper than buying a trigger that came from a pre-64 action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding any Model 70 parts. They have dried up since the anouncement of the plant closing. I tried to buy some from Brownell's a few weeks ago and was told that there was a rush on them in the days following the anouncement. They were caught with low inventory to begin with and got caught off guard by the run.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aren't Montana Rifle trigger parts supposed to interchange with Model 70 triggers? Then there's Dakota and Wisner's also. I guess whoever is selling them will know the score and not be just giving them away.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basix makes an aftermarket unit. here

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M Pursell:
Good luck finding any Model 70 parts. They have dried up since the anouncement of the plant closing. I tried to buy some from Brownell's a few weeks ago and was told that there was a rush on them in the days following the anouncement. They were caught with low inventory to begin with and got caught off guard by the run.

Yup, I tried Brownells for a few things myself, no luck. Even on Ebay prices have risen 20-40% for take off barrels and stocks.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
the entire trigger unit?

good. I have a pre-64 receiver without a trigger, and I suspect parts will be cheaper than buying a trigger that came from a pre-64 action.

I bet that if you buy a post 64 trigger and pay to have it modified properly it will cost more than a pre-64 version that probably will work.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anybody know what modifications are required?