Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver K3 E ID
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One more try,

Anyone Know what a Older Weaver K3 E is?

Looks Like a K3 60-B, which is a good old scope

Im trying to find out if this K3 E is a good scope, Maybe just a newer model, or if it is a lesser quality than the K3 60 B

Does the sufex leters- 60B, E, C just designte the type rectical-Post, cross etc

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
The 60B was Weaver's first scope with permanently centered reticle. The C, E and F followed the 60B in production. I have also seen a few 60C models. It has always been my understanding that the main difference between the 60B and the C,E & F were that the 60B used a metal lens ring on the end of the scope to hold the lens in place while most, if not all, the others used plastic rings. As far as I know the lenses are the same in all of them.

I don't ever remember seeing a 60B with a duplex type reticle from the factory, just plain crosshair or post. I'm not sure if they were offered with a dot or not but I know some of the others were. I have seen duplex and plain type crosshairs as well as pots type on C-3 and F models. I really don't know much about the E model but would assume it is probably much like the F series. It also has the same scope adjustment caps that are found on the C and F models.

If it were mine I'd mount it on a rifle and enjoy shooting with it. Wink

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Idared,

I only have 3 nice old K4s with brass lens rings
1 K3 60-B with metal or aluminum lens rings

Mine are all post recticle

Looking for another K3 or 2.5 and a older v4.5

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
I have gotten rid of all my earlier K series scopes and today only use three K2.5-1s, two K3-1s and a couple of V4.5-IIs all with Duplex style crosshairs for my ancient eyes. Wink

I always liked the K2.5 and K3 scopes because they were so tough. I have replaced my K4s with Leupold M8-4s as they have gotten pretty reasonable in the latter years.

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote