Find
Notify
Tools

Do we like HS Precision?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted
I have been thinking of having HS build me 2 rifles. Other than the fact that they hired that a$$ clown to be their spokesperson, has anyone had any bad experience with them? The guy I have been talking to has been very nice. He claims their turnaround time is 8 months. Your thoughts are appreciated.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are more accurate options!!!

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 429 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are more accurate options!!!

X2

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 and they all shoot one hole groups,never had a problem with them in 10 years of hunting and shooting.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chet
posted Hide Post
I had them build a .300 Win for me a few years back. It was very accurate, but fed poorly.

Chet

Posts: 290 | Location: Northern Rockies | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many better options!!!!!

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest our own Wayne Jacobsen at AHR.
He's a better rifle builder, IMHO, and his turn around time is about 1/3 of HS.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of the posters here that are recommending against them, which models did you own?.........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
djpaintles,

" ..Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!. "

Laughing, tell Randy Weaver that. I believe the high court even sided with Randy, so in my eyes HS hired a trigger slapping, murderous clown as their spokes man.

Enough said? Americans in general are sure easy to forget. Especially if their ass has never REALLY been shot at. Let along by their own kind/Government.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't order a takedown. After 2 years I told them to return my deposit. I have a couple Ed Brown rifles and much prefer them to H&S.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
Don't order a takedown. After 2 years I told them to return my deposit. I have a couple Ed Brown rifles and much prefer them to H&S.

So then, have you actually owned a HS Precision Rifle or not?

Yes, having Lon Horiuchi as a spokesman would be a travesty. I'm just talking about the rifles here. Cooper makes great rifles but his financial support for Obama was a travesty also..................................DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on their semi-custom rifles, but they do make good stocks and good barrels...or at least did when they were back in Prescott where I visited them regularly.

I also know they were at one time a major supplier of pressure-testing barrels to the industry. So apparently a lot of big companies felt okay about their products as well, even when they were using the products for testing things that would determine to some small extent the degree of liabilities those companies were potentially avoiding/facing.

Manufacturing is different from marketing. I think they made and probably still make good products. As to their marketing approach, I would not base my call on that.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like my HS Precision takedown but I'd have probably been just as angry if I had ordered it and had to wait 2 years for it. I can't say what the issue with that particular rifle was, the ones we ordered only took a few weeks.
They do have a few rifles in stock available for quick delivery and I've seen a few in different Cabela's store that you could take home with you that day.

All in all I think that the HS Precision rifles offer a lot for the money. You can spend a lot more money and not get as good a rifle. You can usually have your local smith build something that will shoot as well but it might not have all the features the HS's have and unless your local smith is well know a local built custom rarely holds it's value as well as one that comes from a well known custom/semi-custom maker.

Just my opinion but it is based on rifles I've owned or freinds rifles that I've shot enough to work up loads for..........................DJ

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The HS rifles that come through here still require a little tweaking for my likes. I use a lot of their stocks and bottom metal. Good stuff!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I should have added this to my original post...

Though I like the quality of their stocks and barrels, I was never pleased with their business ethics.

They still have my deposit on the Miller rifle I ordered in 2000. That is nine years ago they cashed my cheque and I have no hope of ever getting my rifle or my money.

So right now I wouldn't buy anything from them unless I could walk out the door with it the same day I paid my money....even if it was just an ice cream cone.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote