New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Newbie" seeks advice Musgrave Model 90
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all from cold England! Although a "newbie" to this section of our Forum I have been on here elsewhere for a good few years.

And whilst my African experience is restricted to spending time in Nigeria where guns are effectivley prohibited I'm hoping for some advice.

So...here goes:

The Musgrave Model 90, in calibre 270 Winchester or calibre 7x57. Has anybody, please, any input good or bad on these.

I've always used Parker-Hale or CZ rifles, for the most, and never seen or handled a Musgrave.

So what are they like in terms of build quality and, most important, and in those two calibres ACCURACY?

Also is the front sight ramp screwed on to the barrel, like on a Remington 700 or some Parker-Hale rifles or is it like some CZ rifles brazed on?

Any known faults etc?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies!

Posts: 6820 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Musgrave rifles are practically unknown here but my good friend in SA has a couple, one of which is a Vrystaat model and he loves them.
I think they are well made and accuracy is very good from what I am told.
I too wish to know more about them.

About the best I can do regarding the Musgraves.

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for reading and replying. I've never handled one of these but fancy a change from my Parker Hale Santa Barbara Mauser type 270 Winchester.

Posts: 6820 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
Hello all from cold England!

Fine Scottish weather aye! Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote