New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attention Southern California Residents
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On Monday, January 9th, there will be a huge auction held at the Phoenix Club (Ball Rd. and 57 Fwy.) by Little John's Antiques.

He runs one big fancy auction a year with tons of collectables and neat old stuff.

Thought I would post here so those of you interested and in the area wouldn't miss out.

Really great deals on alot of one-of-a-kind items, such as factory special ordered Savage 99's from the turn of the century and prototype rifles, just to name a few.

http://www.littlejohnsauctionservice.com

Its really a neat thing to attend, even if you don't buy, just to see all of the cool old stuff.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spencer. Is that some kind of special auction? Little Johns auctions have been around for ever.

I have been to his storefront several times in the distant past. How's his inventory now days.

Have you gone to the Pheonix club for that auction?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been to a ton of his auctions over the years. Great place to pick up old junk for pennies on the dolar and turn around and double or triple your money on Gunbroker.

Take a look at some of my Gunbroker auctions and you'll see some of the goldmine items that pop up from time to time.

This isn't necessarily a 'special' auction, but if you listen to him when he says during his regular auctions "I could get twice as much at one of my big auctions!"

Well, this is one of those auctions, where he has it all done up in nice glossy catalogues blah blah blah.

His store is still there, and my work is literally down the road. His inventory is very impressive pre-auction and normally has a very interesting mix of old curios.

Just went in a couple days ago, and he has just gorgeous pieces of art sitting on the normal rifle rack where yahoos can come in and knock them around, kind of a shame really.

The Phoenix Club is minutes from my house, so I try to go to as many as I can. Smokin deals all around.

-Spencer