New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have experience or heard about Dennis Erhart of Helena Mt. work? I'm thinking about having him chamber, install barrel, custom bases, NECG sites, ect.. an express style .375H&H. Basically all my metal work allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does his wife have a beauty salon?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont know if his wife has a saloon or not. I have spoke to him a few times he said he likes to build express/english style rifles.I liked his way of thinking. He is a member of American Custom Gunmakers Guild. He's with in 2hrs drive of me so I will be able to to actualy sit down with him and talk when we get started. I like that.allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know him, but I know the guild and if he is a member as a metalsmith (you can look at the listing of members on the ACGG.ORG website) then it means that he had his work judged by a panel of other guild craftsman and passed, so he had to be pretty dang good.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote