Find
Notify
Tools

action/3 pos safety question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi,
I have a 26in douglas barrel chambered in 7mm stw. I would like to find either an action for it or maybe get an idea on price for selling the barrel.
It came off a rem 700 bdl and was replaced.(rifle turned into a 28in barrel 300RUM).
I have a 7mm stw rifle already but would like to make use of this barrel as well. Id be greatful for your thoughts.
The rifle thats being built right now(posted above) I have a question about the safety/trigger.(recommendations on other makers for three position safety). My gunsmith suggested this but has tried 2 that dont seem to work well with the new adjustable trigger. I believe he went with Mc Millen? for both. I am looking for suggestions of a fix or a differnt make or combo in this regaurds that would be a better choice.
He does great work and is very knowledgable, I have several rifles that he has done for me in the past.
Thank You
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trigger should have nothing to do with the aftermarket 3 position safety if it is installed correctly.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
clarification,
Trigger was a seperate issue which now fixed.(just had surgey so I am a bit out of it ,lol)
The 3 position safety is still an issue(sometimes it is hard to switch, sometimes it is totally impossible) and he asked if I wished to try another brand.Or to stay with the factory safety? any recommendations?
Thanks

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I installed one of these and as long as you have access to a mill, it's an easy fit.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.as...=339000001aa&s=16128

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would love to take a look at it; it is only mechanical and could be fixed.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas/link and help.
Jim Kobe and Masterifleman.
Coues