Find
Notify
Tools

Building a Mauser 98 custom
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
I am looking at building a custom rifle from an old mauser 98 rifle I purchased a couple of years ago for this purpose. I am looking for a good shop manual for step reference and insite into building custom rifles. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Jerry Kuhnhausen ( I heard he made a good Mauser book)

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that if you could afford a few more bucks and have a VCR, you might want to invest in the 4 tape set on customizing a mauser as put out by AGI. These tapes are an excellent way to get a good grasp on what is all involved in customizing a mauser.

one of us
Picture of mix3006
posted Hide Post
Jerry Kuhnhausen ( I heard he made a good Mauser book)[/QUOTE]

Probably the best. thumb

Posts: 191 | Location: Wollongong NSW Australia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I think that if you could afford a few more bucks and have a VCR, you might want to invest in the 4 tape set on customizing a mauser as put out by AGI. These tapes are an excellent way to get a good grasp on what is all involved in customizing a mauser.

Hey Swift,

I have the four tape set from AGI on building a custom Mauser and have another tape I like as well. It is How to Rebarrel, Tune, & Blueprint military bolt action rifles. I just got it on DVD and really like it. It takes you through step by step on how to trick out your Mauser.

Catch you later,

The Big Dog

Posts: 89 | Location: Tacoma, Wash, USA | Registered: 07 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't invest in a VCR. They quit making them. Everything is going to be DVD now.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote