THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enfield/Model 30 Scope base screw spacing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd like to know what the official or at least most common spacing and location for base screws on an Enfield/M30 are. For example the Bsquare jig does mauser enfields etc. So is the front base screw spacing always .860 center to center? Rear screw spacing? The jigs locate off the rear of the front ring, what distance from that point to the first base screw?
Or simply, how do you guys locate and space yours in the mill( I'm not buying a jig, I've got a mill and I'm gonna use it!).
Thanks in advance to all you guys smarter than me!

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Find bases that fit & use that spacing.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can make bases, that's not an issue. I'd just like to know what the common or in Model 30 factory spacing and location is.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I measured a Redfield one-piece base, for Model 30. .860" on front holes(c-c) and 4.10" for rear hole and rear most front hole (c-c). This is a three hole mount.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a M30 Express SL, (Special Lyman rear sight) that I assume came D&T'd from the factory. I base my assumption on the fact that the rifles were available D&T from the factory (Sharpe's THE RIFLE IN AMERICA and verification from the Remington Historical Society) and that on my gun the holes had filler screws and there was no evidence of a scope ever having been mounted. I can't imagine someone buying the gun, going through the expense of having it D&T'd and then not mounting a scope. But, as I said, it's an assumption.

It has a three hole setup that I used to mount a Buehler one piece mount. I didn't pull the setup to measure but I have a second Buehler mount and I took measurements from that. Front ring holes are .860 and then the rear hole is 4.21 from the rear front ring hole (all c.to c.)

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys.