New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know anyone who rebores rifles ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had the late Dick Nichols in Washington do a couple for me and was completely satisfied withwith them. only cost 175.00. Wh
at a gentleman, even sent a lapping kit free for one he thought had a little rough spot. They shot great. AnyWAY I'm looking for someone to do a rebore job without breaking the bank or intstall a bbl at a reasonable cost. Some one not to far from Missouri. Thanks, Carl

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Cliff LaBounty Precision Reboring
7968 Silver Lake Road
Maple Falls, WA 98266
360-599-2047

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wayne York, Oregunsmithing
14625 Ehlen Road NE
Aurora OR 97002

Randall Redman
Redman's Rifling and Reboring
189 Nichols Road
Omak Wa 98841

Wayne bought Bob West's old machine, and Bob trained him for 6 months.

Redman has been reboring for 30 years that I know of. I have used a lot of his 22LR liners.
Sorry I didn't have the phone numbers handy.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a reply I got as a result of the same question on another forum.

["Gunsmith John King gave me the name of Norm Johnson (701-498-9188) for this type of work. He's in the Dakotas, and has been at it for about thirty years. I believe John said it would run around $150.

If John recommends him, he's got to be GOOD!"]

Jerry

Posts: 391 | Location: NM | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Lightnin>
posted
Danny Pederson in Fred Wells shop here in Prescott does reboring. If you're interested shoot me the info and I'll get a price for you. I'm gonna have him contour a couple of A&M barrels for me so I will be in his shop probably Monday. Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who keeps mumbling about getting a .35 Whelen, but right now he finds the cost a little prohibitive. Would it actually be possible to send out an 8mm Mauser and get back a .35 Whelen for $150-$200 or so? In other words, reboring certainly includes rechambering?

Posts: 264 | Location: Grand Prairie, TX, USA | Registered: 17 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDS:
Would it actually be possible to send out an 8mm Mauser and get back a .35 Whelen for $150-$200 or so? In other words, reboring certainly includes rechambering?

The job is possible if the action is a 98
but would probably cost more than that. If it is a different action it may be too short and even one that is long enough would need the magazine opened up to accept the longer 35 Whelen case.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote