Find
Notify
Tools

Need gunsmith recommendation; north Florida
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Seriously, guys:
I need work done on several rifles, and would like to drive to a smith, not send my guns. I found a guy in Hawthorne, only 30 minutes from home (Gainesville), but would fiercely try to dissuade anyone from doing business there. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might want to check out Compass Lake Engineering, Frank White owner, and even though he specializes in match AR15's quite an accomplished builder or would refer you to quality source. Good folks and web sit will give you contact info. Good luck.

martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in N. Fla (Destin) and I find it worth while to drive to Roger Ferrell's shop in Fayetteville, GA, just SE of Atlanta. Bob

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have lost touch with him but Robert Wilson was a fantastic smith in Ocala. Last I heard he was working here:

http://www.dansgunroom.com/

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second the nomination of Roger...but why would you feel constrained to be "withinn driving distance"

Makes no sense in the shrinking world. I receive projects from all over the world and have NEVER (repeat NEVER) thought distance in miles to be some sort of limiting factor to be even vaguely considered.

This is the 21st century...put it in second gear and get up to speed!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote