THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Dayton Traister replacement spring on Rem M30/Enfield

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dayton Traister replacement spring on Rem M30/Enfield
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Getting ready to try out the DT trigger in my M30.

The pull with the factory trigger is 4.25 lbs. but rather soggy (not at all crisp).

I bought the Dayton used and apparently it's supposed to come with a replacement spring but I didn't get one.

I assume the DT will take care of overtravel and crispness but will I have to take shorten the original spring to lower the pull weight or will the DT take care of that also?

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send it back, that spring is the weakness of that trigger, it tends to break..but that's about the only whore in town with a Enfield.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought it years ago, no return, can I use it with the original spring?

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Yes you can, however your lock time may not be as fast as it could be with the new spring, if I recall the Dayton Traister trigger and firing pin spring were supposed to shorten lock time, called the speedlock and trigger kit or something like that.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this Enfield or Rem M30? I know you can get a GOOD trigger from Timney for Enfield..seems to me that they also fit the Rem 30. If you're doing a cock on opening conversion, you really need that stronger mainspring to come close to reliable ignition

Posts: 3633 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane, I wasn't referencing shortening the mainspring, I'm talking about the short spring under the front of the trigger assembly. This is a later Rem. M30 that is COO from the factory.

I know about the Timney, figured I'd try the Dayton as I already had it. If it doesn't work out I'll get the Timney.