New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser DST missing screw advice sought
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently bought a vintage Mauser with double set triggers. Both triggers work ok, but the small adjustment screw from between the triggers is missing. I don't know the size or how standardized (or not) these small screws were. Any advice on getting a replacement screw appreciated. (I've already checked Champlin's and they don't have any).

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi akriet
i dont have a extre screw......sorry

but I have measured the screw up
on one of the Mausers that I have standing
screw you're looking for is called no.1-64 UNC

Be aware of the man with only "one" riffel

Posts: 51 | Location: denmark | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this, listed in the Mannlicher collectors association newsletter (also on line).

DST adj. screws for M-S and others, phillips head plated brass, 12 for $9.00 pp.
Don Henry
PO Box 7144
Salem, Or 97303

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Most rifles with double-set triggers have them mounted on the lower tang. On most of those rifles, the lower tang is easily removable from the rifle, either with or without the rest of the bottom metal.

Next, most cities of 25,000 or larger population have a "nut House" -- that is, a business which specializes in "industrial fasteners", including just about every nut and screw pitch and diameter ever made commercially.

I'd take the lower tang, complete with the double-set trigger assembly, to the local purveyor of fasteners and let them measure the pitch, diameter, and length needed.

In turn, they can order one for you. I'd actually get a half-dozen, as they will be little more expensive than one screw would be, and spares are always nice to have on hand. Saves a lot of thumb-twiddling sometimes...

Good luck,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody. I think that will get me going. Regards.

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote