THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who chambers the 6.5-284 improved 40 deg?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted
I'm looking to get a barrel in this caliber threaded for a Savage 110 action in a medium heavy varmint type contor. Just wondering if anyone knows a supplier out there that already chambers for it or will I end up having a standard chambered barrel reamed. thanks.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Harry Mc Gowen 815-937-9816 he makes very good barrels and has a lot of reamers.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
You might check with Danny Pedersen also at cutrifle.com I know he chambered one for a mutual friend but I'm not sure who owns the reamer, Danny or customer.

Classic Barrel & Gunworks
2601 Lake Valley Rd.
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
dan@cutrifle.com

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
To each his/her own but isn't the .284 case pretty much improved to begin with? Makes no difference to me but the extra expense does not seem to be worth it. Isn't the std. 6.5x284 a comm. ctg. from Norma now? I'm just cheap.

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Dan, The 6.5X284 is just the .284 necked down. The improved version sharpens the shoulder to 40degrees. A small difference but a difference none the less. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote