New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Stock Split
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In 2005 I bought a Sako 75 Deluxe in 375H&H on the Internet through a company called Impact Guns, in Utah.

As usual I only will see a gun for about five days a year when I return to the States on vacation. I had the rifle sent to Dallas, mounted a scope and picked the gun up to sight-in. I didn't notice anything odd.

This year after taking it out to get ready to go buffalo hunting I notice that the rosewood tip on the stock has a hairline split in it. You have to really look to see it. I felt it first when I was rubbing the stock down with a rag. My question is whether anyone has had any luck getting Sako to stand behind their product.

I sent an e-mail to their "Contact Us" e-mail address and haven't heard anything back. Do I just accept this and live with it? I have no reason to believe Impact Guns would do anything. I suspect they knew of the problem as this was the last they had in stock. I don't guess the problem will get worse, but it certainly detracts from my overall satisfaction with this gun.

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who knows when the crack appeared. It is quite possible the crack formed after your first outing with it. That will be their stance and with it being a year later, it becomes your word against theirs.

As far as being the last gun in stock, if I had 10 of the same gun in stock, and 9 people walked in and bought 9 of them, I would have one left, the last one. Doesn't mean anything... Impact Guns certainly isn't obligated at this point, a year later. You might continue to try Sako, but were it me, I would chock it up to experience, start examining my purchases more closely and in a more timely fashion, and move on. Good luck.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
In 2005 I bought a Sako 75 Deluxe in 375H&H on the Internet through a company called Impact Guns, in Utah.

As usual I only will see a gun for about five days a year when I return to the States on vacation. I had the rifle sent to Dallas, mounted a scope and picked the gun up to sight-in. I didn't notice anything odd.

This year after taking it out to get ready to go buffalo hunting I notice that the rosewood tip on the stock has a hairline split in it. You have to really look to see it. I felt it first when I was rubbing the stock down with a rag. My question is whether anyone has had any luck getting Sako to stand behind their product.

I sent an e-mail to their "Contact Us" e-mail address and haven't heard anything back. Do I just accept this and live with it? I have no reason to believe Impact Guns would do anything. I suspect they knew of the problem as this was the last they had in stock. I don't guess the problem will get worse, but it certainly detracts from my overall satisfaction with this gun.
First off, your beef with Impact Guns is ludicrous. Considering the volume of sales they make, expecting them to KNOW every possible blemish isn't practical. They simply sold the item; they're not responsible for quality control or warranty coverage. You need to talk to Beretta USA and Sako about that.

Secondly, I had the exact same problem as you with a Sako 75 LH. The forend was split/cracked at the tip running aft about an inch-and-a-half or so. Beretta USA had me send in the entire gun while they replaced the stock. It took around five to six weeks from the time I sent in the gun until I received it repaired. I was also able to get Beretta to reimburse my shipping/packing costs.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had a .243, 75 Hunter shipped from Bereta USA that I feel that the stock was cracked prior to leaving the factory. When I opened the box: SUPRISE!! The packing box inside box and foam were in perfect condition.

I have worked with a fair share of stocks and the only piece of wood that I have seen that was as bad as the one on that gun was the one on a Finfire I ordered for myself. As far as the replacement stock, things went down hill. I have seen better wood on a $125 Savage. The "fills" in the wood and lack of anything that resembled grain almost made a grown man cry without a spanking. My customer wouldn't accept the gun it was so bad that did make this grown man cry. I could improve the looks with a can of spray paint. I cancelled my dealer relationship with Beretta. HOWEVER after having the gun for a year it isn't the dealers problem, contact Beretta USA 800 636-3420

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Posts: 15 | Location: MN | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get one from us and come to Canada to hunt! (we don't sell that many)

Ian