Find
Notify
Tools

Polishing Raceways on a Ruger 77 MK II
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted
Is this a good idea ..I have a very slight bind in the action and wonder if this would be ok to do. I would use the same tool used for a Remington 700

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SempreElk:
Is this a good idea ..I have a very slight bind in the action and wonder if this would be ok to do. I would use the same tool used for a Remington 700

SempreElk,

Using the tool is a good idea because you want those areas squared with each other. My advice is to just go slowly and check your progress often as you don’t want to go from one problem to another by ending up with a sloppy fit because you have removed too much material.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Polishing race ways does not change the deminsions so have at it..It works...I use hones glassed to welding rod sections with a wood handled added...A soft stone will take on the shape of the area in a few passes, then you can take off...I also have small blocks of wood with emory w&D paper glued to them and the wood on a piece of rod to finish the job..use a lot of oil...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, Thanks for the input

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote