Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS Precision Stock
 Login/Join

posted
I just recieved a HS Precision stock that will replace the factory tupperware stock on my remington 700 BDL SS. When I bolted the action to the stock the I noticed that the barrel does not line up with the stocks barrel channel. I called HS Precision and they told me to make sure that none of the stocks finish was on the aluminim bedding block. If it was they told me to gently scrape the finish off of the aluminum bedding block as this may be the cause of the barrel not lining up with the barrel channel.Once I did this I again assembled the gun and the two still did not match up. There is twice as much gap on the right side than it is on the left side. What can be done to correct this problem? is it a problem with the bedding block or do i just simply need to sand the barrell channel on one side. I hope I can fix it myself without sending it back to the factory.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sound like BS to me. As soon as you alter that stock your Limited Warranty has become invalid.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
My friend and I had the same problem with an H-S stock on a Weatherby Mark V. H-S never did do anything about it despite repeated calls and a local smith wound up re-milling the bedding block so that it would sit level. I will not by an H-S stock over a MacMillan, aluminum bedding block or no.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lin

As a cross check take a differant Rem 700 and place it in the stock to see if there is any differance.

Some Rem 700 actions have warpage, although I doubt it is that bad, better check just the same.

If it is still off on one side I would call HS Precision for a return authorization number. Let them correct the problem.

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote