New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serb 24/47 mauser question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up 3 24/47 mauser from Sarco, all three are marked 24/47 and have the same crest, one has Preduzece44 of left side of recieverand wears a M48 stock, the other two have TR1237 on the left side. Does anyone know what the TR1237 stands for? All three have been arsenal refinished.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have an older friend who was in the Serbian Army back in the day. I bought one of those "unissued" M24/47 rifles and showed it to him. He seemed to be pretty familiar with them. Could ask if he remembers what TR1237 represents. Can you post a couple photos?

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
It's yet another arsenal or refurb plant.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple photos of Scot's M24/47.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Macifej; thanks for putting the pics up. I had a typo in original post, should've read TR137.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem Boss!

You might query Edmondo - he may have some insight as to the origin of your Slavic banger.

I'll try to track down Comrade Milosovic for some inside info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is not serbian but yugoslav. R stand for Radonica, Boznia and Herzegovina where many workshops rearsenaled these rifles.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one I had was made at Kragujevac. If memory serves, the quality of the crest and nummbering was more like a modern European of American weapon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to my book (Serbian & Yugoslav Mauser Rifles by Bogdanovic) TR 137 is unknown as to where it is located.

If you want to know more you can contact "nothernug" at on this forum. He has close contact with Branko Bogdanovic who is the historian in Yugoslavia.

http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums.yuku.com/fo...an-Mauser-Forum.html

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HerrMesser; thank you,I'll give him a try.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't tell you much. TR= Tehnicki Remontni or technical repair shop. TR137 is one of the less commnly seen marks. The facility's location is unknown.
Sorry, but that's all I can tell you

Got this from Nothernug off the yugo forum, Herr Messer thanks for the link

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I got one a those too.

Posts: 6480 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
I got one a those too.

You might want to check and see if the crest on your rifle is one of the different ones that nothernug is running a study on.

Is the bolt numbered to the receiver and do you have the stock for it. If so you may have one of the rarer carbine models of the 24/47s.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote