New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZG47 Safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a lovely Square Bridge ZG47 action and bolt that is missing the safety and bolt shroud. I know it a very long shot but thought before I put a modern three position safety on this old beauty I would post and see if anyone happens to have one that has been sitting in their tool box that they would be willing so sell so I can restore this classic for me and future generations. Here is what I need... ZG47 safety photo

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may well have a couple as I prefer to change to Satterlee, Lapour or my favourite Wisner 3-pos. safeties on my "using" ZGs. This is because I have always got at least a dozen P-64s and the odd Classic on hand, plus my Dakota and a lot of other crf bolt rifles...I prefer them all the same.

But, I am rather cautious about sending it to the USA as your laws on this are FAR stricter than ours for parts coming north. I would be into trading for a P-64 bolt shroud, firing pin safety complete setup as a spare for my P-64s. If, you can work out the situation about the border, we can work out something to our mutual advantage...mine is like new.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
description: 'machine parts'
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:
I may well have a couple as I prefer to change to Satterlee, Lapour or my favourite Wisner 3-pos. safeties on my "using" ZGs. This is because I have always got at least a dozen P-64s and the odd Classic on hand, plus my Dakota and a lot of other crf bolt rifles...I prefer them all the same.

But, I am rather cautious about sending it to the USA as your laws on this are FAR stricter than ours for parts coming north. I would be into trading for a P-64 bolt shroud, firing pin safety complete setup as a spare for my P-64s. If, you can work out the situation about the border, we can work out something to our mutual advantage...mine is like new.
I don't believe there is any problem with US law but can Check with Ken Busch Of Kebco. He has a firearms import license and has guns shipped into the US all the time. He is up on all the regulations. I don't have a P-64 Safety but I don't believe one should be too hard to find. I will send you a PM with my email address

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Small parts with a wholesale value of less than $100 can be imported and exported without a permit. These small parts can not include barrels, receivers, or a complete breaching mechanism. Safety and a bolt shroud should not be a problem if less than $100 in wholesale value.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, would a ...complete breaching mechanism... mean a complete bolt for a Mod. 70, for example, just the bolt, not the receiver, etc.?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
c

quote:
Thanks, would a ...complete breaching mechanism... mean a complete bolt for a Mod. 70, for example, just the bolt, not the receiver, etc.?

A complete bolt requires paperwork, parts of the bolt would not as long as the value is less than $100 wholesale.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, again, that is what I needed to know.