New
Find
Notify
Tools

BLR .30-06 to .338 WM?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What a great website!! Still thinking what to do with my .30-06 BLR, do I leave it as is, .338-06 or .338 WM? What are you guy's thoughts? I presently have the following; 8MM Mag, 444 Marlin, .30-06 AI, just looking for something different from the usual BLR. Thanks-Karl

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
<BarryH>
posted
I think a 338-06 or 35 whelen would be good choices. I wouldn't try to go to the belted magnum. I think you would be getting into more hassle and work than it is worth.
If you stick with cartridge based on the '06 case, than you just need a re-barrel.
What about the 9.3x62?

Barry

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
If you want, start with the belted mag BLR, a 7 mag or 300 winnie, and find a barrelsmith or gunsmith who'll do the work. Far nicer than a BAR in a belted mag, and, well, then... you could go have a 416 taylor in a lever gun, and have a right fine DGR lever
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
Having owned a BLR sevral years ago,I would not rebarrel it,unless I found a smith,that could do something with their horrible triggers.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com