New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser question
 Login/Join

<MOA>
posted
I'd like advice from some of you guys who have knowledge of mausers and building them. I have a VZ 24 action that is stripped. Tomorrow I plan on ordering all the part to finish it and would like some advice. I want to order an aftermarket aluminum floorplate, buy have yet to find one from anywhere but Brownells which in my opinion is price gauging (they want 100.00 for a reamer!). Whitetail gun shop is the manufacturer of the floorplate with detatchable magazine, I have yet to find their websight or anyone who sells their product besides Brownells. Does anyone have ideas on where to get an aftermarket floorplate? I will order a Lothar Walther barrel, I assume they are short chabered. Does anyone know if I can get one long chambered to avoid buying a reamer. Thanks in advance for any help.

<Don G>
posted
I think the L-W barrels are long-chambered. Will find out for sure very soon!

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
CDNN has the detachable magazine bottom metal made by Voere of Austria for $99.99. www.cdnninvestments.com - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<MOA>
posted
Thnks for the tip. I found out the LW barrels do come long chmbered. I couldn't findthe detachable magazine floorplate in CDNN's websight so I called. The person on the phone told me he had one left. I proceeded to ask him about getting more magazines. He treated me like I was crazy for wanting more magazines. I went on to explain to him the the purpose of having a detachable magazine it to have more than one. He still didn't get it and was less than helpful so I said "thanks bye." Any more ideas, or where to get more magazines for this florplate they sell?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, seeing as how Voere makes them, I guess I would try them next, or maybe some of our European posters have more current info. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote