THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Recommendations: Scope base and ring set-up for Enfield?????

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations: Scope base and ring set-up for Enfield?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

I have an Enfield Project that will be wrapping up relatively soon. So, I am at that stage were I need to make a decision regarding scope bases and rings. On a couple of my other projects I have gone the route of customized Tally Bases and Tally rings.

If I wanted to go with a application that is more off the shelf what's available? For example there are Weaver Grand Slam bases which are fairly nice looking but, am I limiting myself to Weaver rings? Could I use Warne rings or Leupold rings with these bases?

If you were not going the custom base route what would you use in a two piece base set up?

Thanks in advance.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
tip used steel weaver bases on my enfield...the enfiled was cut to a remington 30 pattern... and it's at tip's now (until saturday) if you want to see it!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote