THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One more - Mauser stock for Savage action?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just full of silly ideas tonight ... third and last Q for today. I like my Savage 110, but am disappointed at the lack of stocks available for it. Everything is either for the Rem 700, the M70 or else the Mauser. Now, I don't have the receivers handy, and too much Shiraz makes things fuzzy, but would it be feasible (without too much work, ie inletting) to use the stock for another type of rifle (such as a Mauser) and mate it to a Savage receiver ....

I would so much like to have a different stock for this sucker .... now, a McMillan A4 would be sweet, but last I checked, only for the 700 and M70 ....

Thoughts?

Posts: 327 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Marty,

First off, the Savage and Rem 700 are quite similar, and McMillan will inlet the 700 stock for a 110 action.

Second, check out the "Stockade" stocks for the Savage at Lock Stock and Barrel (Lockstock.com). It is not a McMillan, but it is a solid quality stock. Or, when you have Fred Moreo on the phone, ask him about them, he sells them, too.

They will also make them at a custom LOP for little extra charge -- handy for guys with gorilla length arms like you and I. You can call the manufacturer directly for more details:

Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Gunworks.
308-432-5114
Chadron, Nebraska

Oh, and you still owe me a 458Socom case....... Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Marty,
Oh, and you still owe me a 458Socom case....... Dutch.

Doh! Shoot me an Email with your address and I will send you a 458 SOCOM, 338 Spectre and 500 Phantom ....

How terribly inpolite of me not to send those AND to loose your address ...

Posts: 327 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Marty,
I've got a rem long action and a winchester synthetic stock you can eyeball...

jeffe

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My left-handed brother has a Savage .222. I inletted and glass-bedded a nice left-handed Anchutz .22 RF target stock for it, and it is working out well. It had a comfortable vertical grip and plenty enough wood to accomodate the receiver. And it looks just a little unusual...

Tom

Posts: 14610 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote