New
Find
Notify
Tools

dpcd is correct
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cerakote is a paint. A great paint to be sure, but nothing holds up to a kydex holster in a dirty, gritty environment.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but nothing holds up to a kydex holster in a dirty, gritty environment.

One of the reasons I like stainless steel handguns they just seem to show just a bit more polished.

I have a 37yoa stainless security six besides a few bright spots still looks great.

That's after being carried on the job for 8 years and now with many 10s of thousands of round through it.

I have a Glock 23 and a Stainless SR1911 that gets carried a lot in Blackhawk serpa's the Glock looks it.

The SR1911 show just a couple of polished spots on it.

I try and buy stainless guns when ever possible now days not always possible.

They just wear a lot better then the rest.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
but nothing holds up to a kydex holster in a dirty, gritty environment.

One of the reasons I like stainless steel handguns they just seem to show just a bit more polished.

I have a 37yoa stainless security six besides a few bright spots still looks great.

That's after being carried on the job for 8 years and now with many 10s of thousands of round through it.

I have a Glock 23 and a Stainless SR1911 that gets carried a lot in Blackhawk serpa's the Glock looks it.

The SR1911 show just a couple of polished spots on it.

I try and buy stainless guns when ever possible now days not always possible.

They just wear a lot better then the rest.

Yah know p dog shooter - - - - - - if you invest about $10 in a couple of those red, Scotch Brite pads, you can buff those poodleshooters back to their factory "brushed aluminum look" in about 5 minutes flat. Just make sure you polish one direction only (just like petting a cat) following the original polishing marks so that you don't get fishooks and cross hatches in your polishing.

http://a.co/acBCqXl

coffee just sayin.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geez now the wife's mad. She said quit petting the cat with scotch rite pads. I thought maybe the canooks were on the something. But the cat just ran away.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
Geez now the wife's mad. She said quit petting the cat with scotch rite pads. I thought maybe the canooks were on the something. But the cat just ran away.
Don
rotflmo

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
Don

coffee Well, yah GOOF. It's no wonder. The red pads are for guns, the WHITE pads are for cats! Now your cat looks like he just got back off of a 4 month drunk. He probably hit the floor screaming like a runaway die grinder, blew right through the screen door and you won't see him again for 6 weeks.

Good riddance, I say. I never liked that fawking cat anyway!

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
My cat ran away a few years ago, in a snow storm, and it was a big white cat. Name was Whitey. Or Kitty; he would not respond to either. I searched everywhere but never found it; although looking for a white cat in a sea of white was hard. That was the meanest cat to everyone but me; he would attack dogs and children and anyone who came into our yard; but I trained him not to bite and scratch me; we came to a meeting of the minds.
This is a true story.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I trained him not to bite and scratch me; we came to a meeting of the minds.
This is a true story.

coffee Well Tom. There is clearly an elephant in the room here. But of course I'm a bit of an asshole and I ain't afeared of man nor beast and damned few wimmens and everyone else is far to polite. So, I guess it's up to me to ask, what exactly did the cat extort from you before he agreed to stop chewing and clawing the ever-living-shit-outta you?

And I don't think anyone here really believes that he ran away in a snow storm and how well do you REALLY know your wife, kids and the dog?
he he he

Rod Henrickson

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yah know p dog shooter - - - - - - if you invest about $10 in a couple of those red, Scotch Brite pads, you can buff those poodleshooters back to their factory "brushed aluminum look" in about 5 minutes flat

Then after a month in the serpa's they would look the same any way.

I guess if I ever go to sell them I'll have to remember this.

Thanks for the hint.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
He really did leave in a snow storm; he would roam far and wide to hunt; he would bring home all manner of small to medium sized creatures. I figure he got hit by a car but as I said, looking for him was impossible when everything else was white. I am sure he didn't get adopted by anyone else, and he had a collar with the cat vaccination tag on it.
How did I tame him? He never liked being held or petted, but he would stand it for about 20 seconds. Then he would scratch and bite. So, I said Ok, two can play this game, so I put on a pair of leather work gloves and let him do his thing. He finally got tired of it, and learned that I was not going to give in; and after that, he was ok, but only with me.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh yeah i had a green cat once that just ran away and vanished in the grass. then the black one that went awol in the night. wanna hear about the siamese

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think what really happened was: "During the snow storm, the family hatched their evil plan. The wife walked to the door with a bowl of cat food and opened the door and pretended to set it down. At that exact same time, one of the kids bolted out of the door and went wide toward the road. The cat raced in to get the food but was tripped by the dog. The second kid zipped in at the same time and scooped up the confuzzled feline and made a long, forward pass to the first kid who caught the cat and flung it into the grill of an oncoming bus which was headed non-stop to Anchorage Alaska!"

coffee And that's what happened to the cat. No bullshit!

Rod Henrickson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Our German Shorthair Uschi enjoys killing cats more than hunting even. We stopped counting after 100.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our German Shorthair Uschi enjoys killing cats more than hunting even. We stopped counting after 100.

I was asked by a couple young ladies if my hundred lb. lab like cats.

I said he loves them.

They said he does.

I said he loves them a bit to much.

They tend to die once he gets ahold of them.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don

Well, yah GOOF. It's no wonder. The red pads are for guns, the WHITE pads are for cats! Now your cat looks like he just got back off of a 4 month drunk. He probably hit the floor screaming like a runaway die grinder, blew right through the screen door and you won't see him again for 6 weeks.

Thanks guys, best laugh I have had in weeks.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3835 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When Lois and I used to go bird hunting, any cat without a collar was deemed feral and immediately terminated with prejudice.

If the cat had a collar, and was more than 1/4 mile from an abode, the same conclusion was reached, and the same cure was applied.

I don't dislike cats. If they killed magpies with industriousness, I might even grow to like them. The thing is; I love songbirds, grouse, pheasant, and quail, and I won't tolerate competition for the game birds with another predator. I intensely dislike coyotes and wolves for the same reasons. Cats and wolves indulge in "excess killing" sprees. I won't tolerate that either. I eat what I kill (except for varmints, of course). I don't know if coyotes indulge in excess killing. so I just kill them as competitors for game animals. If we are apex predators, we have a responsibility to keep our competitors in check.

I'm not sure about birds of prey. I have had Bald eagles steel fish on my fly line, same as brown bears do. The penalties for shooting a raptor, or a bear out of season are so high that I just grit my teeth and go on about my business.

We ought to be allowed to apply the same remedies to human poachers, but, unfortunately, we live in a world of snowflakes. Maybe they will all melt as the world heats up. We should be so lucky.