New
Find
Notify
Tools

re-chambering .375 Weatherby barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Approximately how much barrel set-back is required to re-chamber from .375 Weatherby to .375 H&H? thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Full chamber length !

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Buy a new barrel and start over.

What action?

Posts: 1467 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pre-64 70

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
I may have a take off in the bucket of barrels from a Classic.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Don't care for the Weatherby? I prefer the H&H but I built a 375 Weatherby on a Mauser years ago and it is a peach. Probably the best of the bunch.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee440: Actually I don't have the rifle but am considering buying it as I'm having a hard time finding an original pre-64 as a shooter, and thought it might be cheaper along with just re-chambering it than an original if the price is right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not just leave it as a 375 Weatherby? Not many downsides to that cartridge as I see it...

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark R:
Why not just leave it as a 375 Weatherby? Not many downsides to that cartridge as I see it...

Cheers,
Mark.

Then down load it if it is bit much in the recoil range.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a New Haven built Stainless Classic in 375 Weatherby that I re-chambered the original barrel to.
Brass lasts a loooooooong time with this chambering, you can simply fire H&H rounds in it to get brass, or do as I do and use Clays, COW and TP to fireform cases.
Yes, the recoil is snappier, but when you can get a genuine 200fps more velocity it’s to be expected.
I run mine full throttle, 260gr Accubonds @ 3000fps, 270gr Woodleigh PP’s @ 2950fps and 300gr Woodleigh PP’s @ 2830fps...... what’s not to like?

I would keep it as the Weatherby chambering, it won’t disappoint.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I re-chambered my #1 to a 375 Wea. years ago so I could use that large container of IMR 4831 efficiently! The container is about empty now. No regrets!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sako that came with a 375 Weatherby barrel. As someone above wisely said, it's a peach. You can use your 375 H&H loads in it without trouble. The brass lasts forever - it hardly flows forward at all.

Perhaps you could get a couple boxes of 375 Weatherby brass, And just load it to H&H load weights. Perfectly safe, and you don't have to spend $225.00 to $350.00 for a barrel, and another $250.00 to $400.00 to have a new barrel mounted and chambered.

YMMV.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
375 Weatherby tu2 :

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote