New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6.5x54 Mann. work up
 Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Check out Cascade Arms in Oregon, if you can! My hunting buddy has one custom made for the .250 Savage. The action is just exactly correct for the factory oal of the round!

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Are there any bolt actions made for the 7.62x39 that are long enough to handle the 6.5X54. Mann? Second choice would be a 6.5 X250 Savage (international?) throated to handle the 160gr. bullets seated out Is anyone chambering either?

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you wait a short while there may be guns out on the proposed 6.8mm military round.

While I am not sure what the 160 gr bullet is for a 6.5 mm Br might work for you if it's paper punching.

The 250/International might refer to a 6mm Intl. necked back up to 6.5 mm. That cartridge is a full length 250 Savage if you will. It's accurate and all that but pushing a shoulder back is just more work. It might be better to use the Remington Br design or the full length 250 case if it will fit in whatever action.

Some tiny difference in action lengths does not matter all that much to me. I would go with a standard short action until I read more specifics on your goal.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
I would also consider a .260 on a std. length action with a deep throat so the 160gr. doesn't have to be pushed into the powder room. I want to make it into a light scope on barrel type(scout). roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote