New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz 550 trigger firing when closing bolt
 Login/Join

<tasunkawitko>
posted
has anyone ever had the trigger of a cz550 american "go off" (for lack of a better phrase) when messing with the safety and/or closing the bolt?

this happened to me a couple of times, not sure if it is something i did wrong (as in had the safety in-between settings or something) or if it is a potential defect. luckliy, both times the rifle was empty. any time i try to duplicate this phenomenon for a knowledgeable person, it never happens, of course.

[ 08-08-2003, 08:48: Message edited by: tasunkawitko ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle firing on closing bolt is a classic sign of a trigger adjusted too low. If you haven't adjusted the trigger send it back for warranty work, if you have take it to a reputable gunsmith.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had this happen to me on a Savage 222 remington while it was loaded. On that rifle the trigger had too little creep and was too light. Easy fix.

CZ triggers are very user friendly. I suspect your problem is not enough creep in your trigger.
Turn the screw behind the trigger until the problem is solved.

If this does not help take it to a gunsmith.

Good luck.

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
<tasunkawitko>
posted
thanks for the quick replies!

the more replies i get from this and other boards, the more i am sure that the trigger was messed with by the guy who owned it (very briefly) before i did. same guy also "started" to float the barrel and never finished, leaving a groove frm muzzle end all the way down to just before the action, where the groove branched into a fork. the bbl resting on that fork hurt accuracy, and i only just now got that problem taken care of.

anyway, my feelings toward cz remain 100% satisfied. assuming that this is a result of after-sale trigger setting, i can hardly blame cz, and will remain satisfied.

good shooting!

ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:

anyway, my feelings toward cz remain 100% satisfied. assuming that this is a result of after-sale trigger setting, i can hardly blame cz, and will remain satisfied.

Don't be so sure just yet. Check out these two threads:

number one

number two

I haven't gotten mine sorted out yet, but it will probably be going back to CZ-USA.

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
<tasunkawitko>
posted
joe - keep me informed of this situation you are having. i have not noticed anything that you are talking about, but then again, i am no expert. the next time i take her apart, i will look closely and compare all pictures. i will probably be cleaning the rifle tomorrow, so that will be a good time to look.

thanks for the information....

ron

<tasunkawitko>
posted
btt