Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for Rem. Model 7
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted
Looking for an aftermarket stock for a Rem. Model 7. Any ideas?

Thanx,

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McMillan is still the best and you have a lot of choices as to style and color.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
A pard just snatched one up,from their Internet Specials page. It arrived yesterday.

It was a Remington Mountain Rifle pattern,wearing a Decelerator and inletted for a S/S Model Seven(20" tube). It is a green/black and white swirl pattern and looks fabulous with the S/S barreled action and the matte 3.5-10X Leupie.

$300 drove it home,that is the usual Internet Special asking price,but Model Seven inlets are few and far,on the average. If you can find one on there,they'll pay shipping to your door and you'll have it in but a couple days. Beats ordering one and waiting..................

<manhasset>
posted
R-West,

I'm also looking for a new Mod. 7 stock. I favor wood and came across the Shehane Tracker Hunting Stock. They come in laminated and a imported African Obeche walnut. Does anyone have any experience with "African Obeche" walnut or the Shehane products??
Seems like its lite weight for they state most complete mountain rifles weigh 5lbs. w/o scope.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
http://www.bansnersrifle.com/hightech/index.htm
Try this link for some really good synthetic stocks. I have one on a m700 in 300WSM. I will be ordering one for a m700 that I plan to chamber in 250AI. I already have a Pac-nor lightweight barrel on order.(hurry up and wait). They make a very light weight sturdy stock.
If you want wood try David Christman @ (318)-878-1395 Or snail mail
216 Rundell Loop RD.
Delhi, LA. 71232
He has a model 600 in his shop that he put a straight bolt handle on. (kinda like a model seven now) It sits in a beautiful piece of black walnut. It might be the kind of thing you are looking for. His work is not cheap but the quality is worth way more than the price.

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote