THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Win Model 70 firing pin spring, is pre-64 diff from post-64?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win Model 70 firing pin spring, is pre-64 diff from post-64?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

Was hoping someone might be able to answer this off the top of their head, so to speak.

Are the firing pin (striker) springs different on the pre-64 model 70 and the post-64 Long action?

Was asking as I have a Tubbs spring which I would like to use on a pre-64 Model 70, but the package is marked post-64 Model 70 long action.

Thanks for any input and guidance!

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, both are the same, as I recently asked Brownells about it, and they said to buy the same spring for both. ( which I did, and they fit perfectly).

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Same; they are not the strongest spring in the world so some people use extra power springs for faster lock time; Of course that makes the bolt harder to open so there are no free lunches. For old target shooters, for which no one uses M70s any more anyway.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote