New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acrabond stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one here have any experience with these stocks? Considering a 470 Capstick on a MRC magnum action. The gunsmith I use likes MPI stocks,I have a few rifles with the MPI but I want something different.

Posts: 221 | Location: Back in Alaska where I belong | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the very last ones made by Mel Smart. They are very fine stocks, and they will not swell or become "unglued". Since the laminates are vertical, you get the strength of the standard laminates and the beauty of a traditional walnut stock. You have to look closely to see the laminates.

[ 11-08-2003, 20:15: Message edited by: sambubba ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I stopped by last summer and enjoyed talking with them and looking around. I picked out a blank and look forward to getting the stock.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
I have one that was finished by Rod of Montana Rifle after Mel Smart died. My Model 70 SS Classic 338 WM went from a 1 1/2 rifle with the factory synthetic stock, to a best group of 7/16's of an inch with Remington factory Core-Lokt's, 250 grain. I used the rifle last year chasing Grizzlies around for 2 weeks in Alaska in wet cold weather. Point of impact never changed. Stock is beautiful, inletting is good, I'd buy another. I think they are the best laminated stock on the market.