New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hinged Trigger Guard for M98
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any one have experience of the tigger guard from E-Gurnparts. I like to se a better picture.
The one I am interessted in is on bottom page 3.

E-Gunparts

Regards Johan

Posts: 87 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johan, I bought one about a year ago. It is a decent piece for the money. One problem. Mine was not straight. The was a bend in it just in front of the trigger bow. I heated it and straightened it. That didn't do much for the blueing, but I'm planning on refinishing it anyway. I noticed a poster here complaining about the bend in his, so it would seem to be more than an occasional thing. Maybe they dropped the mold and bent it.

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
I recently bought two commercial hinged triggerguards off ebay for about $70 a piece. I believe they are Charles Daly parts but they fit my VZ-24's and 98/22's perfectly although I'll have to grind the feedramp a little to accommodate the longer mag box.

They are 30-06 length and already blued and have a floorplate release button built into the trigger bow.

I bought one from Mr. BoneCrusher and the other from another fellow. BoneCrusher always seems to have guards for sale. You might want to check these out.

Just my $.02

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote