New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 7
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will a Remington Model 7 action .223 cal fit into a Remington 700 short action stock? Is there some modifications that will have to be done to make it fit ?

Thanks Ruger Red

Posts: 45 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
<BigBob>
posted
Ruger Red,

The action is the same size and will fit. The M-7 has a thinner barrel so you will have one heck of a free floating fit on the barrel. The mag box and floor plate will also fit. I just put an ADL barrel and action into a M-7 stock and had to work on the barrel channel. Good luck. [Smile]

one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Big Bob, can you post a picture of the model 7?
I'm wondering how you managed to fit a model 7 into a 700 short action stock. The hole's arent even close. The trigger guards dont even line up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSP is correct. These are two different sizes of actions. The 7 is shorter and has a different size gurard screw in the rear; and the hole spacing is different. You could probably put the whole thing into a model 700 stock, but you would need a lot of Acraglas. Remember always: "Acraglas will save your ass"

Jim

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
<RVB>
posted
Nope! The Model 7 is about a 1/2 inch shorter than a SA 700. The guard screws won't line up. Not worth the trouble.........

one of us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Model 7, is there a source for a quality all-steel bottom metal kit? One of our clients would like to include that in his project.

Posts: 108 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys,on the stock, I guess I wont change it .

Ruger Red

Posts: 45 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Ruger Red , I have been pondering , and searching for a model 7 stock. Here is what I found, Bell and Carlson sell's a model 7 stock, Midway has one on sale right now for 150.00 in black, better than the factory synthetic. H.S. sells one for the model 7, 300.00 from them in 6 or 7 different colors that wont add to the price. Midway has one for 265.00 and is black only.
Next up is MC Millan 400.00 plus with many options.
I havent looked at any of the laminates but are probably avaliable and probably a little less than some of the synthetics
I ended up ordering the H.S. from them in Brown with Black web. Just ordered it last night and the grand total was 304 and some change. I like the MC Millans but I was beeing a tight wad and thought the H.S. was the middle of the 3.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RR, I think the High Tec Specialties stock from Banser rifles is perfect for the M7. Weighs 20 ounces but needs to be painted, bedded and fitted with a recoil pad. Brownells carries it for about $150. Boyd is also offering a laminate now, about $70 unfinished and $130 finished.

Posts: 107 | Location: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
I just got a B&C black synthetic stock from Midway. It fit really good. My model 7 is a .308. I never got very good groups with it with factory ammo. How about you all?

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote