New
Find
Notify
Tools

.416 Rigby take-off barrel.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What to do with a CZ barrel chambered in .416 Rigby? This was a new barrel and don't want to see it go to waste. The contour of these slim down pretty fast and with the fat Rigby chambering is there any other reamer that would clean up the chamber. New chambering would most likely need to be shorter to allow for set-back, new threads etc. Maybe something for standard length or even short action? Any options?
Rodney.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Cut-n-Shoot, Texas USA | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
PM sent

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From my limited experience, Once a 416 Rigby...Always a 416 Rigby! They are pretty huge. Probably a full "bull" could be shortened enough and have enough shank to rethread/rechamber to something else is the only scenario I can see. My friend got sop frustrated with a reneged 416 Rigby job that he sold the douglas premium barrel, reamer, dies, cases for $100.00

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1619 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just interested in what others do with perfectly good take off barrels. Just did not want this one to go to waste.
Rodney.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Cut-n-Shoot, Texas USA | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Most people with take off barrels sell them. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote