New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB REM. 700 BOLT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a rem. 700 bolt are bolt body 30-06 length.

Posts: 27 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Check this out, ain't cheap but the quality is good.

http://www.midwayusa.com/brows...60***9143***11370***

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 156 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys but this is a older 30-06 in poor condition that belongs to a friend i need a cheaper one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PTG makes a nice bolt. Their price with handle is $125. I don't think you'll find a Remington bolt cheaper, and the PTG is nicer. You have to silver solder the handle on yourself.

This may be the same one Masterifleman referenced. The Midway site never seems to work for me. At first I thought it was my Mozilla browser, but it does the same thing with MS Explorer.

Oops, how 'bout I give you a website;
http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.../remington.htm#bolts

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
You'll be hard-pressed to find a cheap one. Ten years ago a decent gun show bolt was $95.00.

Is the old bolt damaged or lost?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dickens,
If it is in poor shape, I'll give $125 for it.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry he does not want to sell it i already tryed and the bolt is missing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dickens, you have a PM.

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is how you get another bolt.

"Lose" the bolt from you rifle. If a M700 bolt stop hangs open and you carry your rifle with a sling, the bolt handle can catch on a tree limb dropping the bolt out on the ground. Then your buddies can laugh their asses off at you behind your back. Send your rifle your rifle to Remington and pay them to fit another bolt.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SR4759,
I think he is asking for a cheep source.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I'll sell him a matching Marlin MR-7 with no bolt for cheep cheep.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote