New
Find
Notify
Tools

lee speed sporter wood
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a bubba'd No.1 Mk3 the other day and was have always wanted a lee speed sporter type enfield. I am not a wood working type of guy so I am looking for a stock source. I don't mind final fitting and finishing, but I'd like it checkered and a pad fitted. Does anyone know where I can find replicva of the speed sporter wood?

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I, too, have thought about doing that. The only people I can think of that might have a pattern, or be able to do it, is Great American Gunstock, but there seems to be love them or hate them views on this forum, and very little middle ground, so to speak. Let us know what happens.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there used to be a guy in austrailia who made repro lee speed stocks but i think he's long since retired.
i have a lee speed and i also have a 1899 lec that i'm going to build into a lee speed style sporter in .375x2 1/2. i know great american makes stocks for the enfields but i haven't seen an example of one.
i have three of their stocks on other rifles.
i also have a spare cockingpeice safety bolt for future projects

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey dirtyjim,
How in the heck do you find a Lee-Speed cocking piece safety?
I would like one if you know where to look.
I am also looking for a #4 round end cocking piece too.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
Hey dirtyjim,
How in the heck do you find a Lee-Speed cocking piece safety?
I would like one if you know where to look.
I am also looking for a #4 round end cocking piece too.

i just lucked into it on gunbroker.

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try a lee speed search on the forum, a fellow made one up some time ago and posted photos.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote