New
Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan Customer Service - Thumbs up
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not sure where to post this but this seems to be a good place.
After waiting 5 months for a stock for my MRC LH Lott it finally arrived only to be missing a sling stud and the finish and barrel channel fit was terrible. It was ordered in green camo. It looked like it was finished with 60 grit sandpaper. A call to McMillan was made and they said to return it. A few weeks later it was returned with the missing sling swivel, only it was blued, and not stainless to match the other one. The finish was sanded down but now the fiberglass matting was showing through and it looked really bad. Another call to McMillan was made and they said to return it again this time with the barreled action.
They offered to paint the stock and bed the barrel which I agreed to. About a month went by and yesterday I received it back.
Perfect paint job and the barrel channel was bedded to a perfect fit. McMillan reimbursed me for shipping everytime I had to return the stock to them and it didnt cost me a dime out of my pocket.
Some would say it should of been finished correctly in the first place and I would agree with that. However I am happy to report that McMillan stands behind what they sell and they took the extra steps needed to insure it was finished right.
I am a happy camper with there customer service.
But I was not happy with there molded in finishes. They advertise they do not look as good as a painted finish and they are correct.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
as long as a company tries to do a good job in the first place, and takes care of you when - not if - something slips through, that's all I can ask for. glad to hear they did you right.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They did it right the THIRD time and several weeks too late...not a great outcome IMO.

P.S. Of course, I'm glad that Snowwolfe is happy, now.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least they finally got it right and Snowwolfe is happy. I know I would be. You won't get that kind of service from HSP, at least I didn't. Just my $.02 worth.....

Posts: 65 | Location: oregon | Registered: 09 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. Now think of someone like me in the UK who had to pay a customs fee and a post office handling charge.

I'm stuck with mine and will have to pay a smith to put it right Mad

One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Though it took three times, it sounds like they did throw in a $265 bedding job for your inconvenience.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Well I can't say that three attempts is "good customer service" Yes they did finally make it right.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote