New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi Model 88 extractor worn out
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My buddy brought over his Rossi Model 88 .357 revolver, and asked me to look at it as it wasn't opperating properly. Upon inspection, it appears that the inexing cams on the center of the extractor are very worn, and as such the cylinder will not rotate into battery completely. If you manually rotate the cylinder, the bolt will engage in the cylinder and the gun will function. I am in the process of looking for a new extractor, I have tried Numerich, they only sell the complete cylinder assembly. I am waiting to hear back from Rossi, but in the meantime, is there another gun (S&W?) that has a part that is close enough to be able to be fitted as a replacement? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rossi is owned by Taurus.
It would be my guess that Rossi products would be covered by the same excellent Taurus lifetime warranty.

Give them a call, I bet you won't be disappointed in their answer.

-Spencer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spencer, Thanks I'll do that