New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 feed problems?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one of these rifles in 223rem - sweet to carry, deadly accurate. However, cartridges are a real pain to feed from the magazine. With one in the box, it feeds sort of OK, but any more than that and the force required is huge! It will feed if the bolt is pushed by the cocking piece, but no amount of reasonable effort will get it to feed by using the bolt handle. Anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it? Tks

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
when you find out make sure you let me know, i bought one for my daughter, and it does the same thing. does your bolt bind when you get it about half way back in the channel ? she shot many different factory loads in hers and said hornady 55 grain moly varmint load was the most accurate. thanks ebb

Posts: 5 | Location: fla | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Take the magazine apart and polish the bottom of the lips and slightly radius the inner corner. The edges are too sharp and they drag on the case.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I actually saw one with the follower assembled backwards. Looks easy to take apart and correct.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jack, I'll try that and see how it goes. BTW sorry for the tardy response, been out in the boonies mustering sheep! Didn't see any pigs, the drought's knocked them off.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote