THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    need replacement ejectors for a BC Miroku O/U shotgun

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need replacement ejectors for a BC Miroku O/U shotgun
 Login/Join

<Shooter McGavin>
posted
My father has a BC Miroku o/u 12 gauge that he's been shooting for 30+ years, 3 inch chambers, 30" barrels. This past summer and this fall he's been having problems with the bottom ejector slipping past the rim of the shell when ejecting, it's an automatic ejector. We reload AA shell exclusively, but it's happening with steel loads too, so it must be the ejector, and it has much more play than my more modern Citori, but the same mechanism, his has quite a bit of play from side to side, mine is still tight. How is this problem fixed, are there parts available for it, and approximately how much would it be? Any info is very welcome.
Shooter McGavin

[ 10-23-2003, 06:59: Message edited by: Shooter McGavin ]

posted Hide Post
Why don't you try to invert the top one to the bottom? If I remember right, they are the same. It sounds as though the bottom extractor & or the monoblock has worn over the years. You may just be able to gain a little by swapping them.

There are very few new original unfitted parts left for these old guns. I do make many parts for that model, & can make a new extractor, fitted to your gun if you can not find anything.

Posts: 26 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Shooter McGavin>
posted
How exactly do you remove the extractors from this gun? I'm hardly a competent gunsmith, just know enough when to stop an letthe big boys do what they went to school for. It looks somewhat complicated to remove them, but they also look identical to my early 1990's Browning Citori, in fact I can put my Citori barrels in his action and vice versa and lock them both up and open them again with no trouble, but I'd obviously never fire them that way. So I guess what I'm asking is, would a Citori extractor work for his Miroku, since they were both made by Miroku?
Shooter McGavin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooter,

with the barrels removed you will notice that each ejector has a hole in its side. Slide ejector back. Push detent spring with small screw driver and push ejector off.

Over time ejectors will tend to wear'bend away from shell's rim allowing rim to get passed ejector. Remove offending ejector and lay it on a very flat sevice. You will probably notice that is is slightly bowed out.

Give it just a slight inward bow, reinstall and it should work well for thousands of rounds.

Wally

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Shooter McGavin>
posted
Thanks for the info on how to get it off, I'm going to try it right now on my Citori!
Hopefully I don't screw anything up!
Shooter McGavin