New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Rifle Company Update
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sorry guys for my long absence. It's been pretty busy around here.
The newest that I have is that we currently have 200 short actions in the machine shop as we speak today. If what the machine shop told us is true, then we should see them out of their shop some time next week. This doesn't mean that we'll have them as they still have to go through heat treating and polishing. We expect to have the first 200 Short Actions in our hands some time in the next 3 weeks. And as I said if what the machine shop tells us, we should see 200 per week, every week after that. Now I am a realist and don't believe that they will be able to do 200 per week, I would lean more towards half that number. The left hand short actions and long actions should be following very soon after. We are working our tails off here and pushing Pinetree and the machine shops to their limits to get these out to you as quickly as possible. I realize that many of you have been waiting for quite a while, and are starting to grow impatient. I understand this completely, but please realize it should not be much longer. As I have said before, I think that you'll find the wait worthwhile when you receive yours.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Dan.... I, for one, can handle the wait! Gives me more time to find just the right piece of walnut for the stock! Also, how many righties are you talking about before the lefties start coming through?

[ 09-05-2003, 20:00: Message edited by: IndyHunter ]

Posts: 10 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IndyHunter,
Thank you for your patience. You might check with Rod at Acrabond for a piece of wood.

Dan

posted Hide Post
Will do... I'll let him you sent me!

posted Hide Post
Dan... how many righties are there queued up before the lefties start coming through? Thanks again...

one of us
posted Hide Post
What Indy asked...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have an exact figure, but we have two different machine shops working on the actions, one is going to do the right handers and the other will do the left handers. Also I just talked to the big guy and he said that he expects to see the first Left Handed Shorts & Left Handed Long actions in about 5 weeks.

[ 09-05-2003, 20:35: Message edited by: Dan@Montana Rifle Co ]

one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. [Wink]

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Five weeks for the first lefties-- we got you now, Dan. [Big Grin] [Smile] Perfect timing; my stock should be in by then.

[ 09-06-2003, 17:36: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Is that 5 weeks for the actions to come from Pinetree or from the machine shop?.
No worries now, I've missed the before deer season window with my gunsmith and I'll be gone most of September and October in Brazil and New Zealand.

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Five weeks for my lefty long!?! [Eek!]
Just kidding. My gunsmith is up guiding in Alaska for three weeks...then will be handling his backlog...then kissing the wife hello...(he's that kinda guy). [Big Grin]
Acra-bond looks like they'll get my business too. [Wink]
Max

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, Thanks for the update. Is anyone other than Acrabond making drop in stocks for the MRC S/A yet? I'm leaning more towards a synthetic &
I guess if the Win. Classic S/A just takes a little fitting that's what I'll do but a drop in sure would be preferable. Bruce

Posts: 45 | Location: DFDubya Texas | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! It is all coming together! - mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
5 weeks for the lefty long actions from the "machine shop" or at least that is what I have been told. There isn't anyone "Yet" making a drop in stock for the short actions, but as soon as we have them available we will ship them out to all the big names. You could still use a Post 64 Classic stock for the action and with some inletting it will work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan, thanks for the update and one quick question. McMillan has the Sako style stock with a slight castoff and raised cheekpiece and these stocks fit me quite well. Their website states that this stock will fit a Winchester with some slight fitting and do you think this will fit your right hand short action?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Posts: 104 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote