THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    How do I dismantle the entire bolt of my pet cz 550?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I dismantle the entire bolt of my pet cz 550?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went out Sunday to test some loads and before I could begin I pulled a boresnake through the barrel to remove excess oil inthe barrel and dropped the F %$#&%^& but bolt in sea sand I flushed it with eds red but got most of the shit out but can hear a little very little sand grinding in there. PLEASE give me instructions on how to completely strip the bolt AND cocking piece of my CZ550. Its driving me nuts that my baby is "sick"! I now qualify for a Darwin Award! PLEASE ASSIST in a language a fool like me can understand? Many thanks and keep well. This happen to anyone else or am I the only one that is capable of such stupidity? What damage will the little sand left inside cause? I MUST strip it today so I can sleep tonite! Thanks

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a Mauser, it comes apart like any Mauser.

From the CZ website under "downloads"

MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Stripping for Cleaning - Disassembly
1. Remove the magazine. With the magazine box version, open the floorplate and remove the cartridges. 2. Shift the safety to its "SAFETY-OFF" position in order that the bolt can be manipulated.
3. Open the bolt, and after depressing the bolt stop (Fig. 10), pull the bolt rearwards out of the receiver. 4. Check that stock fastening bolts (items 88 and 90) are tight, and tighten them if necessary.
No further disassembly is needed for routine maintenance. When a great number of cartridges has been fired it is advisable to also disassemble the bolt.
Disassembly of the Bolt
BEFORE BOLT DISASSEMBLY CHECK FOR YOURSELF THAT THE CARTRIDGE CHAMBER IS EMPTY!
Cock the firing mechanism by opening the bolt, move it slightly backwards and close it again. Press the disassembly catch (Fig. 6) and keep it depressed, while at the same time open the bolt and move it partially rearwards with the other hand. Unscrew the bolt sleeve together with the firing pin assembly and as already described above pull the rest of the bolt rearwards out of the receiver.

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Follow some of the reloading advice in the forum below this.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Cock, then depress the button at left on head of bolt. Pull bolt out with button depressed. You have to release the bolt to get it all the way out. Untwist to left -- unscrews to allow cleaning. Be careful to NOT uncock!! When ready to re-assemble, screw back in and slide back into rifle. Be sure the head is in the right position -- don't jam it back in or you will scar the wood. Close the bolt and pull the trigger to be sure everything works. Cycle and work the bolt several times.

Geniet dit!

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys but I need to remove the dissassembly catch to give it a thorough cleaning. Sand got into everything. Happy that a gunsmith friend came to my aid before I buggered it up!

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote